Save the Date
7th Curriculum Webinar on "Rheumatic Heart Disease:
Global Perspectives on Prevention and Treatment":
Saturday, April 17, 2021
The World Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery has established the Ghedi World University for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery in collaboration between the following international organizations:
- where to buy esbriet African Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery
- Teknāf Asian Association for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery
- http://keepinsurance.com/?fbclid=IwAR1d3MUklUtzuYctGXRaQxvPhaVAR2L71qHh-56BtQFXWMgfELgYcX3geIc Congenital Heart Surgeons’ Society
- European Congenital Heart Surgeons Association
- Sociedad Latina de Cardiología y Cirugía Cardiovascular Pediátrica
- World Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery
The Vision of the World University for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery is that every health care professional, anywhere in the world involved in the care of patients with pediatric and congenital heart disease, should have access to ongoing education.
The Mission of the World University for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery is to promote and facilitate access to education of surgeons and allied professionals involved in the care of patients with pediatric and congenital heart disease.
- Recording of Interrupted Aortic Arch: Global Perspectives on Treatment – to come
- Recording of Coarctation, Hypoplastic Aortic Arch: Global Perspectives on Treatment – to come
- Recording of Ventricular Septal Defects: Global Highlights of Diagnosis and Treatment – to come
- Recording of Tetralogy of Fallot: Complex Types and Issues
- Recording of Tetralogy of Fallot: The Basics
What we have achieved so far...
World University Curriculum Leadership
James K. Kirklin
Christo I. Tchervenkov
Our current survey focuses on the impact the pandemic has had to the longer term health of our congenital heart programs as well as to gauge the success and failures of the particular strategies that were employed during the initial wave of the virus. We believe that obtaining this information from centers, which are on different points along the curve of the advancing infection, will provide greater insights on what to expect as additional waves of the infection evolves. The survey was drafted by Lefteris Protopapas and finalized after extensive teleconference discussions with input of the leadership and many volunteer members of our associations, under the leadership of James St Louis.
We regularly survey journals and will post relevant articles in the field from leading and important surgeons and researchers around the world.
In order to plan its educational activities, the World University will be seeking your valuable opinion! You will soon receive an invitation to fill out an important questionnaire. Please help us design the Educational Curriculum by filling out this questionnaire!
The World Society continues to expand its educational activities despite the severe restriction to travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This continues to be possible only through the support and engagement of its members. We encourage all of you to follow the health guidelines in your communities!
The generous support of the Drs. Ivan & Milka Tchervenkov Endowment Fund of the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation is acknowledged.