Save the Date
8th Curriculum Webinar on "Atrial Septal Defect, Partial Anomalous Pulmonary Veins":
Saturday, May 22, 2021
The World Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery has established the Ghedi World University for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery in collaboration between the following international organizations:
- where to buy esbriet African Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery
- Teknāf Asian Association for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery
- http://keepinsurance.com/?fbclid=IwAR1d3MUklUtzuYctGXRaQxvPhaVAR2L71qHh-56BtQFXWMgfELgYcX3geIc Congenital Heart Surgeons’ Society
- European Congenital Heart Surgeons Association
- Sociedad Latina de Cardiología y Cirugía Cardiovascular Pediátrica
- World Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery
The Vision of the World University for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery is that every health care professional, anywhere in the world involved in the care of patients with pediatric and congenital heart disease, should have access to ongoing education.
The Mission of the World University for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery is to promote and facilitate access to education of surgeons and allied professionals involved in the care of patients with pediatric and congenital heart disease.
- Vulnerability of Congenital Heart Defect Patients to COVID-19 Infection
- Safe Decompression of the Right Ventricle for PAIVS in Neonates with Coronary Fistulae: Including the selective Use of fistula ligation to avoid coronary steal
- Single institution outcomes of surgical repair of infra cardiac total anomalous pulmonary venous connection
- Assessment tool validation and technical skill improvement in the simulation of the Norwood operation using three-dimensional printed heart models
- A Novel unidirectional Valved shunt approach for end stage pulmonary arterial hypertension: Early experience in adolescents and adults
What we have achieved so far...
World University Leadership
James K. Kirklin
Christo I. Tchervenkov
Our current survey focuses on the impact the pandemic has had to the longer term health of our congenital heart programs as well as to gauge the success and failures of the particular strategies that were employed during the initial wave of the virus. We believe that obtaining this information from centers, which are on different points along the curve of the advancing infection, will provide greater insights on what to expect as additional waves of the infection evolves. Ongoing surveys are created to ensure we are in touch with your needs.
We regularly survey journals and will post relevant articles in the field from leading and important surgeons and researchers around the world.
The World Society continues to expand its educational activities despite the severe restriction to travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This continues to be possible only through the support and engagement of its members. We encourage all of you to follow the health guidelines in your communities!
Look for a new section in which we highlight recent papers in the field, under Journal Watch. We will also be compiling library and society news.
The generous support of the Drs. Ivan & Milka Tchervenkov Endowment Fund of the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation is acknowledged.